Ads 468x60px

Feb 23, 2014

JAN

 if I settle on the far side of the sea,  even there your hand will guide me...  Psalm 139: 9-10
 

Hi there!
With the new year in full swing 2014 is proving to be full of new things.  Next to my faith, two of the most important things I value are; preparedness for the work I am called to do, and the people I associate with ( friends and family).
Thanks to a church partner, funding was provided for me to spend the last month in Colorado, attending an intensive missions training program, significantly designed for those involved in long term international ministry.  Because a two year oversees commitment presents much greater challenges than shorter term trips, preparation is crucial. I leave for Eastern Europe in the begining March, and eagerly anticipate the next two years of my life and beyond, knowing I feel more equipped than at any point in my eight years of service.  My time there also allowed me to spend some much needed rest and recovery with God in nature.
Training in colorado was tremendous. The main areas of concentration were effectively learning a new language and equally important, how to adapt to a new culture.  Learning a new language quickly is one thing, but learning how to live and thrive in a new culture is a separate challenge unto itself. We learned the importance of managing stress, healthy conflict, protecting our spiritual rhythm, keeping the Sabbath and embracing rest. My biggest take away from training was recognizing the reality of seeing the paradox of situations, both good AND bad. It was so great to be amongst those who are going out to do great things across the globe, I felt normal. :)
And yet know HE is the one who does the work. My fruitfulness is totally up to HIM.  I was reminded of -John 1:8 He (John the Baptist) was not the Light himself, but came that he might bear witness regarding the Light.   Whew!  Such a good reminder it's up to HIM.

What's ahead?

As mentioned, I have bought my one-way ticket in March. It was great bonding with like minded people in Colorado, but we have said our goodbyes, knowing we are all headed out to the harvest.  And now I am home, packing and preparing, yet knowing I will be saying goodbye again so many, who I love. It's a world full of goodbyes.
I WOULD LOVE TO SEE YOU!
This month is all about connecting with as many people as possible. I am so grateful for those of you who have invested in my work around the world and I hope to see you or at least talk before I head out.

WANT TO BE A PART?
Also, please keep in mind; I am still trying to reach my budget. If you have been meaning to commit to my financial support team, Now is the time.   PLEASE CLICK HERE

PRAYER REQUESTS:

Hear my prayer, O Lord, and let my cry come unto thee. PS 102:1
  • Still in need of raising support and reaching my budget.
  • Visa application to go smoothly, so I don't have to leave the country for a time.
  • Discernment in what to pack and what to leave.
  • For the right apartment.
  • For a language helper there, to help me learn the language.
  • Learning about stress areas that it can occur in a new land are: housing, language, food, transportation, role changes, competency, lacking the Sabbath.
  • That I remember all I have l have learned in my training.

PRAISES:

Praise Him for His mighty acts; praise Him according to the abundance of His greatness! PS 150:2
  • For the time I had at training.
  • I travel dates are set!!!
  • For all of you who are a part of this ministry in one-way or another. I couldn't do this without you!
  • For the Lord's provision!
  • The recommendation of a Doc in Europe!
***Due to the people I will be working with the content of my correspondence back home may seem somewhat vague at times. I will refer to my new home as Eastern Europe, and try to use terms like service / serving, and I may have to get creative.  It's new to me so bear with me.  The reason for my discretion is increased pressure on those in my line of work around the globe.  Thank you for your help with this.   Blessed,  and hope to be a blessing, Becca

0 comments: