Ads 468x60px

Nov 19, 2014

Email posts - Novermber 2014

 Hi there, from across the sea. Well fall has turned into winter with our first sprinkling of snow. I am learning to wear lots of layers since walking is a big part of my transportation.   Personally I like the snow. Driving in it though, may be another story though. Ya'll know that verse - women will be saved through childbirth. I think my sanctification is happening through driving. ;) So there is definitely room for prayers for safety and patience in that arena.  
 
ART CLASS:  Divinci drawing to the left, was what I felt the Lord lead me to use in the class. Art class is going well people are really enjoying it, and have said it is relaxing and peaceful.  I prayed for those things specifically and for a welcoming environment.  It has given me the opportunity to encourage my students as it seems we all need to be championed.  I think it has been a great way to build trust as creating art can be a vulnerable thing. You never know who will show up, each week has been different. The best part is I can see their confidence growing. I feel like it has strengthened relationships.
 
 
 Thanksgiving just happened and we look forward to Christmas.  I have many things to be thankful for, this update tells many of them. But if you asked me I would say it's,  GRACE. Grace is what I am thankful for. I see my failures and shortcomings far too often.  Yet Jesus gives us Grace. We are made out of love and for love. It's like butter, if you let it sit still, melt and seep into you.  Grace.
 

Instagram pic Thxg
Base Community: I have been busy helping out around the base. Working on the winter newsletter, leading worship times and some how I found myself organizing our community thanksgiving.  Mind you I had never cooked a turkey. It all turned out well, and for some people this was their first experience with thanksgiving.
 
Cultural
CULTURAL CORNER: I have been blessed to host a few local freinds and it has been a joy to have the company.  God has definitely been speaking to me about hospitality and how it can build up the value of a person. It's an opportunity to love in practical ways. I have also been the recipient of amazing hospitality as well.    One recent fun tiny way was to eat the raw garlic that was served with a meal, apparently it's a regional thing.  At one point the host just stopped and stared at me saying " I can't believe an American would eat our local foods".  It wasn't monkey brains, but still... another new food to me: macaroni with very salty feta and sugar for breakfast. I thought, if this makes them feel loved then, bring it on!  Before you applaud me, I would have had a harder time with stomach soup or real monkey brains.  I have been blessed to avoid many Tasty treats over the years.  Little opportunities are what life feels comprised of here, and I am trying to shepard them when they come. Little moments add up to bigger ones.
The boys and girls homes are doing well. We just celebrated one of the girls birthday's there.  Recently I spent some good quality time just playing cards and joking around. The youngest boy who normally can be a rascal was so sad to see me go. It was a reminder we all need to be seen and have quality time. There will always be tons of practical things that need to be done as well.
 



Opportunity:
If any one is thinking of upgrading theirs or family members iPhones for Christmas, and would like to sell or donate it, please let me know. It would be a huge help me. thanks so much.


0 comments: